Prof. Abdul Wahid, Director (Incharge)
EMail(s): awahid[at]manuu[dot]edu[dot]in, dir[dot]cit[at]manuu[dot]edu[dot]inPhone Number(s): EXTN: 4250
The ICT Vision
MANUU has envisioned to optimally integrate ICT in its Academic and Administrative activities with the objectives of improving quality of education & research, broaden the university's reach to even larger and needy sections of the society, exercise greater administrative control, enhance accountability, and transparency in the university's functioning.
To realize the above, MANUU has formulated the following mission statements:
- To provide internet enabled computing facilities to faculty, students and staff of the university.
- To build and maintain a state-of-the-art Campus-wide Network with adequate WiFi facilities.
- To develop and manage an E-Governance (ERP) system that streamlines and automates the university's academic & administrative processes in innovative ways and support information requirement for effective decision making.
- To leverage university's E-Governance System for undertaking specific data analytics for performance analysis and quality improvement.
- To establish electronic links and web-conferencing system between MANUU Hyderabad and its Satellite/Regional Campuses/Sub-regional Centres located in different parts of the country for conducting remote meetings, for saving time and resources.
- To setup Virtual Classrooms for Satellite Campus/Regional Centres/Sub-Regional Centres and students of Distance Education.
- To promote MOOCs and provide congenial technical environment for their effective delivery to MANUU's students and faculty members.
- To reduce consumption of papers by integrating E-Mail facilities with University's administrative & academic functioning.
- To undertake scientific/custom software development for researchers and/or specific requirements of the university.
- To develop and maintain a dynamic, multilingual, disabled-friendly and adaptive (Device Independent) university portal in three languages viz. Urdu, Hindi and English.
- To establish Intranet Services for meeting local software and data requirements of the University users.
- To develop and maintain a 24x7 IP-based surveillance system in MANUU Campuses.
- To establish and maintain an IP-PBX System for voice communication.
- To setup IT Helpdesk for University Users.
- To frequently organize ICT capacity development programs for University faculty members, students and other staff.
- To achieve the above Vision and Mission, MANUU has initiated refurbishing of its Centre for Information Technology to create a team of ICT Professionals organized in five Technical Groups as shown in the diagram given below: